C#001-18, nicknamed “Back Beauty” is the first completely custom built guitar made by C#Customs. It has been made for my father, who wanted a guitar with a natural look and a comfortable feel that would do both subtle jazz rythm and blazing blues solo’s effortlessly. It needed to have good sustain without being too heavy to trigger his shoulder problems.
The design has the following features:
- FSC certified European maple, open chambered 2-piece body
- Birdeye maple neck without front fret markers, for a clean look. Modern C, slim profile.
- Custom design maple bridge, with tele-style saddles, supported on a bone plate for good sustain and grounded with a metal rod that also gives a smooth bend to the strings that go through the body for extra sustain.
- Reclaimed coromandel skunk stripe
- Reclaimed coromandel neck inlay with custom maple fret markers
- Kluson style vintage tuners
- Custom made volume and tone knob with engraved initials
- Tonerider pickups
The guitar is finished with tung oil, a 100% natural product, which protects the wood and gives it a golden shine. This finish needs a little more care from the owner, but it feels and plays heavenly. You really feel connected to the wood.